Domestic and commercial premises have a wide range of electrical services that may need attention from time to time. We are happy to attend to any of your electrical requirements, no matter how big or small the job may be, and you can expect professional service and quality electrical work when you use Last Frontier Electrical.
We make a point of using high quality fittings and materials on all our residential and commercial electrical jobs. The tropical maritime climate in Far North Queensland can play havoc with cheap electrical equipment and you can quickly end up with a recurrence of the initial problem if the job is not done to the required standard.
You can rely on our knowledge and experience to design the most appropriate electrical solution for your particular needs, including using materials that are suited to the conditions.
There isn’t much that our electricians can’t handle, but some of the most common electrical services we provide for household and commercial properties in the Port Douglas / Mossman region include:
- Ceiling fans: Install new fans or replace switches for your existing ceiling fans.
- LED lighting: Low electrical usage make LED’s ideal for external flood lights as well as for general lighting around the house.
- Smoke alarms: New regulations for smoke alarms in Queensland came into effect in January 2017. If you are not sure whether you are effected you should call us to check. Our blog post on the topic has further information.
- Switchboard installation and repairs: Electrical switchboards are the control centre for electricity flowing throughout your premises and there can be safety implications of they are not correctly set up. They do deteriorate over time so a general maintenance check from time to time is recommended.
- Safety switch installation and repairs: If you are not sure whether or not you have an electrical safety switch built into your circuit, or the type of safety switch if you do have one, we recommend having one of our electricians carry out an inspection. Good quality safety switches that have been correctly installed can not only save electrical equipment from damage, they can save lives.
- Generator connection: Plenty of people in the Port Douglas and Mossman region have petrol generators as a back up for power outages, which are not uncommon in our part of the world. Our electricians can install a generator socket straight into your electrical cabinet so all you need to do if there’s a power outage is plug in your generator and start it up. A very simple solution to what can be very disruptive outage events.